Exp: 5 - 10 years
CTC: 20 - 32 LPA
Ruby on rails or Python Mandatory
Talents from Product Dev/eComms Only
Should be from Tier 1 Tech Schools (Be/Btechs)
Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary.
• Design, build, and maintain the core backend stack
• Code & design review of application and database changes done by other engineers.
• Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
• Help maintain code quality, organisation and automation.
• Work closely with Product management on feature design and Project management on estimates and schedules.
• Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Resque.
• Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances.
• Solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
• Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Liquid, Slim, etc depending on your technology stack.
• Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors such as Sass, based on project requirements.
• Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful.
• A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code.
• Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system.
• Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
• Good communication skills, translate product requirements to technical design and implementation
• Familiarity with Continuous integration and other deployment strategies
• Familiarity with devops tools is a plus. (Salt, Docker, Kubernetes)
• Experience in leading a team
• Good debugging skills
• Experience in using Linux on production environment. Using bash to debug production issues.